Thursday, January 19, 2012

Personal Learning Goals

One of my personal learning goals for this semester is to learn how to use and operate a camera properly. As of the middle of January, I have learned more about the operations of the camera and the differences between manual and auto operations and how they affect the image. Through the month of January, I want to be able to use the lighting kit effectively as well as learn more about using Final Cut Pro as thus far, I only have amateur experience with it. In order to do this, I would use a variety of tutorials I will search for on the web and ask frequent questions to peers and my instructor if I get stuck on something. To reflect my success, my work will have smooth handling with the camera as well as wise choices when it comes to editing. My ideas will be planned out well in advanced and before the actual shoot, I will prepare what will happen so it will go smoothly.

In the month of February, I would like to get more acquainted with sound integrated into video as I believe it is an important step in this learning process. I would like to learn how sound has an influence over various situations and how different sounds appear to make a video tell a different story. I would like to continue learning more about Final Cut Pro, eventually getting to a more professional level as well. Throughout this month, I would like to learn more about scriptwriting to develop a good story or idea for the amount of time our videos need to be. The main goal of this is to think of a concept that can be accommodated and will be fulfilled within the short amount of time.

In March, I hope to master Final Cut Pro to a certain level and manage to make professional looking videos. To me, my success will be determined by how much my videos have improved throughout the term from being an amateur looking video to a more professionally refined one that will aid me in creating my portfolio. By the time I reach the end of the course, I hope that I will have learned more about using a camera, gain enough knowledge to edit and create my own videos and have a better appreciation for film in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment